slogan box
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
Canadian Summer Meet Discussion!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pp1234

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: tera gold Reply with quote

Now, buy tera gold network game is more and more popular, many network game to emerge in endlessly. So, tera gold do you like to play a game? Do you like to play what game tera gold?
Bboy Maxik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh..... alright Chris, I wasnt in the know since that was my first summer jam. Good to know its been consistent over the years, since thats the case I understand. and yeah it was rather heatwave. Razz
BULLFROG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bboy Maxik wrote:
Also, I dont know how many will agree with me, but im REALLY hoping you can announce the meet early this year ( and not have it late july)
I think it would be best since everyone is still "in the vibe" and not "tired of the heat".

But just generally my suggestion.

Cheers. (Y)

It'll always be Late july (we've had it on those days for the past 5-6 years now...most likely not going to change it)...and that was just a fluke heat we had that weekend, its usually much cooler.
Bboy Maxik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I dont know how many will agree with me, but im REALLY hoping you can announce the meet early this year ( and not have it late july)
I think it would be best since everyone is still "in the vibe" and not "tired of the heat".

But just generally my suggestion.

Cheers. (Y)
]{ix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would take so much time to do that then, some groups would get lost too.
GracefulWalrus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been to a summer meet, and don't know what the atmosphere is like, but i was thinking and thought of this: Mirrors Edge. Group of Traceurs have to deliver a object to a location. Each team is timed. Fastest team wins. Maybe 1-2 Km distance max?
What do you think?
Sicko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be fun to see them hide behind the wall and you put up numbers after and they move quickly trying to find each one, not in order, just counting them off.

I liked the way it was done this year. and every year it will grow better and better.

It would have been nice to see a different path taken but it is also good to know that these top guys knew without seeing each other the quickest way possible from point A-B.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
evanpk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkdanno wrote:
problem is all experienced traceurs are going to be able to figure out a clear cut path...

Even with the X's last year everyone but like animus took the same path lol.
pkdanno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is all experienced traceurs are going to be able to figure out a clear cut path...

I came up with some ideas to try and make them think out of the box but ill be saving those for later.

Updating all the scores today finally
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wongPK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the cloud garden races. And doing the top 10 thing was good too, because everybody got to watch the really experienced traceurs at their best. The only thing I would change, is maybe change it so that the finalists have a race like last year? Where you can hit the X's in any order. Might add some different paths, because all the traceurs used essentially the same path.
pkdanno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys thanks for the replies so far!
I took off up north after the meet and I didn't have signal / got phone wet so I'm only looking at this now!
Couple things to say....

Balance is hard to find! I hope it was a bit better this year...
Being at a spot too long is a touchy subject! The more experienced people don't like too move too much cus they are working on stuff... Non experienced tend to sit down and get bored within minutes.... Maybe there's a better balance to be found but I usually base it on what I see people as a whole are doing. I agree the lake part was maybe a tad long!
Results will be up this weekend (latest monday), as I said I haven't been around! My apologies!!

I may have missed other things to say but I'm sure ill respond more later.
What did people think of the cloud garden races? I thought the finals were so fun and exciting but maybe not everyone thought so... I like feedback!
wongPK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first summer jam, and I have to say it was pretty amazing. I really liked the conditioning challenges at the beginning of the meet. And training as a giant group with everybody was cool too. I liked the atmosphere and meeting new people, and it was great to talk to very experienced traceurs about their training. The only thing I disliked about the meet was that we spent a bit too long at some locations, and that I was super tired on day 2 and 3, but thats more my fault for over training on the first night.

Btw, Dan, are you going to put up the numbers from the conditioning? I'd be interested to see how I did. Or if you're not going to put them up publicly, could you PM me my results. I want them so I can look back at them in the future and hopefully see some improvement.
Madbull

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this amazing experience, and im sure it took superman powers to pull it all together Smile.

For me every summer meet is an inspiration to try new things, to keep going and look forward to the next year. I truly beleive in idea that if one was to improve, he needs to train with the best, and that's exactly what this summer delivered, tons of talent, and hard work to look up to.

Once again, thank you Dan, and thank to everyone that took part.
Da_trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Danno,

I liked the places, the people, they all are firnedly even if half was french and half was english. The match was perfect ! Thank to you guys for tips, and boosting comments for the training. Some things I disliked were the time ( too long ) that we stayed at the same spot ( like 5 hours on the beach ) and the unbalanced time beetween Parkour and Tricking. Maybe it could be nice to fit them... In the other side, I can understand that there were many tricksters that came for that, and it's not the power of the meeting creator to order " Parkour Time" ...

Well, I liked the weekend, the people, the spots and I'll be back next year !

Mathieu
(From Quebec City)
Sicko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Danno for another good meet. I was surprised and warmed at the same time when cheer turning into a birthday song, i almost stopped in my tracks. it was wonderful. Love the community that we have. I loved the social aspect and training with top notch people will inspire some to grow stronger.

As for some people, they found some parts boring. At there current level they had nothing else to do in the area or couldnt create a new vision of things to do, and if they didn't have to social aspect then i understand. Thus lil games can keep others going like what brooke brought down, 'Ninja warrior' or something. Little games like that is a good way to connect with others and have fun. (Or a big party dinner XD which was fun)

When i saw the games i was thinking about how in my improv classes we had certain group games that would make everyone know everyone and even be confortable with each other.

All and all it was an amazing 3 days. And yes i gotta stop getting injured on the first day of every meet. lol Fix that bar.
Jonii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first big meet/jam and i thought it was a lot of fun. You get to see and experience a lot of interesting ways to move that you would not normally see and i had a lot of fun. If i hadn't been an idiot and torn my calf like 2 hours in on the first day i would have probably enjoyed it more but it was still an awesome experience!
evanpk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best meet would be one that has the balance of organized activities and free training. Too much free time and people sit around, too much organized stuff and people get bored or annoyed.

I think this years meet found a better sense of this balance and seemed like everyone was having a good time. The giveaway was pretty funny.

I find its like a chain-reaction built from socialization but as soon as some of the well-known traceurs take a break, everyone starts to follow.
pkdanno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Canadian Summer Meet Discussion! Reply with quote

Please post up all your discussion, likes, dislikes and other stuff in this thread. We had more organized stuff than last year, and we are looking for all the feedback we can get. Stories are very welcome too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PKTO Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: